I am especially grateful to you for your service as a leader in your community, your encouragements of ICTG's mission, and how you have contributed to ICTG financially. It is more evident than ever that Rev. Dr. Kate Wiebe had a timely and 'prophetic' vision when she founded ICTG. Early on Kate saw the urgent need for training, teaching, and providing both presence and resource to church and ministry leaders responding to trauma. She followed her vision and we - donors, volunteers, and board members - have enthusiastically served with her to bring that vision to life. More has been accomplished than originally envisioned, even as the need also has become greater than ever imagined.
Kate, and each donor who has given in these startup years, is a pioneer. Truly, together, we have been five years ahead of the curve in trauma awareness and response. I want you to know the tremendous transformation your investments have made.
Here are just a handful of the many comments we've received from leaders:
- "Thank you for this incredible and thorough assessment and recommendation of a plan [for our congregation]. I am breathing deep sighs of relief for the first time all summer." - senior pastor
- "I came upon your organization's website, and, to put it lightly, am highly impressed... There is so much that we know we don't know... we're in over our head. I'm grateful to your organization's devotion to traumatic events in the life of a congregation... truly an immense service to the Kingdome of God." - associate pastor
- "Working as an intern at ICTG, alongside the director, was a rich and growing experience. My internship was treated like a mentorship... I felt empowered by ICTG's training and was able to integrate trauma response into my field of study" - intern
- "Last summer one of our youth attended a training event, and your session deeply impacted her. She continues to draw on the lessons and inspiration she gained through your teaching." - solo pastor
What are measures of trauma-informed 'success'? I believe:
- It's how many lives have been revived in spite of tragedy
- It's how much helpful information gets implemented by those who want to respond in healthy ways
- It's how many 'helpers' get trained in competent process
- It's how many young people's lives are given hope again
Substantial statistics support these invaluable achievements:
- 1717 individuals were served last year through ICTG's educational seminars and therapeutic services
- 144 of those individuals sought post-trauma leadership coaching
- Over 30 institutions have invited ICTG staff to be key consultants or keynote presenters on trauma-related projects.
- ICTG have provided services and liaisons each year to help church leaders discover benefits in partnering with Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD), and thousands continue to visit our website each month for online guides for planning services, practicing self-care, and caring for children.
Thanks to Kate's vision and your support, ICTG has become a nationally and internationally recognized authority in knowing and bringing needed resources and best practices to the countless aspects of care after tragedy. What you have so generously contributed to has born abundant fruit and already transformed the lives of thousands of people. Thank you!
With your support, we have reached a new plateau. Your continued contributions will take ICTG to the next step: Establishing a headquarters and staffing structure to implement substantial evidence-based research, expand our customized therapeutic services, and increase the trauma-informed education we provide for ordained and lay leaders to meet today's demands. Your continued commitment is crucial to give them what they need to heal and thrive. Please give today!
Thank you for all you so generously have done, and will continue to do, in making real the vision of ICTG now and for years to come.
Warmest personal regards,
Rev. Dr. Gordon Hess, PhD
Founding Board Chair
P.S. Would you like to support ICTG financially in another way than an online gift? Learn more about how to contribute here. Or contact us and we'd be happy to discuss options with you.