Often because they feel stuck and don't know where else to turn.
They feel like they can't fulfill their mission like they used to or in the same way they used to. They feel disoriented, overwhelmed, or debilitated. They look at other resources around them – good people, schools, retreat centers, community agencies – all helpful, but not the right fit for what they now are experiencing. Sometimes, the feeling of being stuck slowly unfolded over many years. Other times, it happens suddenly and without warning. It is not uncommon for people who call us to struggle to find the words to describe what happened. Or, when they describe it, they struggle to describe what they need next. They don't know exactly, and they are hoping we will have the map for what to do to make things better.
Here is what we provide when these calls or emails come in:
- A safe place to find the words to describe what happened or what leaders feel they or their group needs next
- Examples of what has worked well for other congregations and communities
- Education, based on proven best practices for the emotional, psychological, and spiritual treatment of trauma among individuals and groups
- Partnership in identifying or creating effective strategies for healing and growth
Here are mission stories describing how your support made a difference for just a handful of the over 600 clergy, ministers, and community leaders we worked with over the last year.
Every June, compassionate supporters like you, dedicate this month to raising funds to provide these restorative strategies for leaders who will call in the coming year. You help ensure ICTG people, education, and therapeutic services are available at a moment's notice. Thank you. Thank you for making a difference. You are putting so much good back in the world with your compassionate gift. Here are some of the ways you might like getting involved this year:
- Make a donation today
- Collect $1, $5, or $10 per day from friends and family and give the total at the end of the month (that's $30, $150, or $300!)
- Dedicate a race or a ride this month to ICTG and invite friends, family, and colleagues to sponsor your event (email us about setting up a link on our website about your event where supporters can donate with ease and security)
- Ask someone you know who shares our passion for healthy congregations and communities to give a one-time gift of $500 or $1000. When you do share with them the mission story that meant the most to you.
- Spread the word by sharing on social media how you're participating in the ICTG June Drive, and share a link to our mission stories.